Tuesday, April 1, 2008

This Should Happen More Often


It's scary, but people get burned and/or set on fire more often than you'd think. Truly, there is also a difference between the two aforementioned events. For instance, striking a strike-anywhere match across someone's flesh? That's burning them. Tossing said match onto the screaming, gasoline-soaked heap of an annoying pop tart? That's setting them on fire. Makes me smile all over.

But I digress. I've recently seen the film Blood Diamond for the first time, and I have to say, it was quite an experience. It is a tragic film depicting Sierra Leone back in the late 90s, when brutal, murderous revolutionaries were at war with the corrupt, savage government, and the populace of the nation was sandwiched between the two. And, of course, there is a plot, and it's a good one. Leonardo DiCaprio's accent was a little irritating at first, but after awhile, you kind of don't notice it anymore.

Anyway, that's all I've got, I guess. I've got to go work at Chili's tonight, and then my nights are free until next Monday!! Woo!! I'm excited. See ya'll later.

5 comments:

Luke Nielson said...

HAHAHAHHA!!! Kudos sir!

Zach said...

Leo did an incredible South African accent, sir. According to my parents, who have BEEN to Africa, and The Boy, who has BEEN to South Africa, he was spot-on.

lantaro said...

Wow, really? I was going to say, it sounded pretty real. It was just strange to hear it coming from him. Also, the scene where he's introduced, he and "Commander Zero" are speaking some wierd dialect that's a combination of English and the native African tongue. It was crazy. I hoped he wasn't going to be talking like that the whole movie. And it turns out he was just speaking a dialect. Woo!

Zach said...

It's called Africaans.

lantaro said...

Actually, Afrikaans was the language the Colonel used when he was on the phone with the army. The language Archer and Commander Zero used is called "Krio," a Sierra Leone creole language, like Cajun in Louisiana.