Sunday, January 7, 2007

Just how it is.


Well, here's the fourth comic in the series. I know, it's amazing. Quite a grand feat. Whoo! This particular one is just a day in the life of our triplicate of heroes, and includes a cameo by Carlos, a rare character in the series.

He's a cockroach, in case you hadn't noticed.

Here's an update for my five readers, I know it's been awhile. Well, I obviously made it back from the Land of Morm with my soul intact, as well as my mind. It was a good Christmas, I got massive breakfast every morning and a home-cooked meal every night, got to see the whole family, most of the cousins and whatnot, saw a few familiar faces, and got a bunch of kick-ass new gifts.

Just a few of the items are an iPod shuffle, some new corduroys, an awesome Christopher Walken t-shirt, and a whole bundle of much-needed socks. It was a kickass time, and my family really got to meet Ashley and get to her know well, and vice-versa. Oh, and I got some sweet movies.

Well, it's time we had a serious discussion about life, love, and the philsophical nature of the Universe as we know it.

That's right. It's time to talk about a certain flick known as...Every Action Film Ever Made. Here's the deal. Aforementioned Shitsville has been pumping out action flicks since the late forties, from westerns to war films. Now, at the time, there were very few genres, and even fewer films, so the two types fell into the same category: action. And of course, back then, the directing was simple. A camera was record all of the action, but there was very little movement. There would be three or four cameras all taking shots from different points of view, and then they would just splice all the imagery together to make a good film. And that worked!

For awhile, anyway. But as time progressed, action films got more intense, until one day, you've got Robert DeNiro and Val Kilmer running down the street with M-16s, pouring lead into cop cars with the camera angles zipping around left and right until you don't know what the fuck is going on but you sure as hell don't want it to end.

And then The Matrix comes out, and your mind gets fucked in the ass, and odds are that you've come at least twice before the movie is done. What's my point in all of this?

Uh...old movies are were action films came from, I think. I'm not sure, I really kind of got off topic somewhere in there. I don't know.

Happy 2007, ladies and gentlemen. Good to be back.

1 comment:

Verdakk said...

What's a cockroach doin' in the middle of the ocean, anyway? He must be really wasted.