Thursday, December 14, 2006

Blue Collar Life




Ah....the lazy, wasted life of a salamander. I am quite fond of the crestfallen look on Bigwig's face in the third panel. It makes me laugh with glee. I should work on their emotions. And for all of you who were wondering...my work may not be on par with Bill Peet or Seiji Gailey, but I seriously could not give any less of a fuck. I like my artwork. I like my goofy-looking, unrealistic salamanders, and even if I could draw them to look like this, I would keep my simplistic, unorthodox design. And yes, their eyes look like that on purpose. I throw that in there to show that yes, while our heroes may speak articulately and with vulgarity, and they may have found the way to drink beer underwater, and will most like at some point find a way to light up a bong while immersed in a swamp, they are still unintelligent. Woo-hoo.


You know, I'm not really sure why I named the comic "Of Warts and Other Matters." Salamanders don't have warts.


Shit, yeah they do. Ha ha. Nevermind.

2 comments:

Luke Nielson said...

rotfl!

pwned!

by the piss water.. hehehehe

i like it

Verdakk said...

That was interesting!